Wednesday, April 4, 2012


After sitting with the truth for awhile, reluctantly I am resigned to the process of downsizing maybe by 2/3's and finding a new space that will become home.  Maybe, just maybe...this is the road to a great new chapter in our journeys............I do not feel that........yet. :-(

Long lists of must-haves in this new residence. I think the reality will disappoint me as I think I can't afford more than a shoebox. And with for-poop credit, who's gonna approve me?  I feel like a failure. My fault.  Bad choices, bad habits, bad, bad ,bad.

Step 1
So, what's the rental market like? How much and where?
What I think I need is 2 or 3 bedrooms either attached to or near a commercial space that could generate a stream of income for 1 full-time & 1 heavy part-time with potential to be full-time, maybe 2 or 3 years. Business yet to be defined.
Must be able to have cats in living space.  Must be reasonable commuting to Schenectady area. And maybe, an outdoor space for at least a container garden. Off-street parking. (Maybe small parking lot with business space)

Step 2
Sell stuff to be able to cover The Move
Will let y'all know when/where garage sales are. Have several antique metal headboards and complete beds, a pair of wooden (mahogany?) four-poster twin beds I plan on painting white (they have some squirrel-damage, grrr) Antique wicker rocker. Fabric? Fabric!! Anybody quilt or make dolls? I have fabric to sell!!!!! Some dolls, glassware, china. Depression glass. ( how appropriate) Also many books.

My biggest heartbreak is my cats. Need to find two homes for two crazy, neurotic cats that are beautiful, but need someone with a lot of patience as they are very skittish and will probably hide for the first couple of weeks in a new home.
 
Will keep blathering about this for months to come, need the support from you guys.....

No comments:

Post a Comment